Hello friends! So, SURPRISE! We are so excited to announce that the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge will now be hosted by me and Jess of Gone with the Words! When she asked me to do this with her, I jumped at the chance. I’m so excited to be hosting a challenge for one of my favorite genres, alongside one of my favorite people!
The Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge was originally created and hosted by Pearl’s World of Romance, passed on to Fatin at Romance Book Maven, then passed on to Brianna at The Book Vixen, and is now hosted by Gone with the Words and Love at First Page.
Grab the Button:
Okay, so here are the challenge details and rules….
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016 (books read prior to 1/1/2016 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime you want, though the sign up linky will close Nov. 15, 2016. Sign up at Gone with the Words or Love at First Page.
- The goal is to read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Books that qualify for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Books can be M/F, M/M, or F/F. Books must be a work of fiction (sorry, nonfiction does not qualify for this challenge).
- Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Use the hashtag #ContRom2016 when posting your reviews/updates/re-caps/monthly topics on social media.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge button below and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. This will be your “update post” when doing the monthly link up.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge (your designated “update post” for the monthly link up) and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
- 1st Base: read 1 – 5 books
- 2nd Base: read 6 – 10 books
- 3rd Base: read 11 – 15 books
- Home Run: read 16 – 20 books
- Grand Slam: read 21+ books
Monthly Link-Up and Giveaway Details:
- Your thoughts on each book you read must be posted somewhere, like your blog, Goodreads, Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, etc., in order for it to count towards this challenge. Ratings on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc. will also work.
- Monthly link-up posts will go live the first day of each month so you can add your links throughout the month as your posts go up. Each linky will remain open five days into each new month to allow you some time to get all your posts linked up!
- In order for us to tell what you’re linking to on the monthly linky, the format for the links you enter need to be as follows:
- UPDATE POST @ your name/blog name.
- REVIEW: [BOOK TITLE] @ your name/blog name.
- MONTHLY TOPIC @ your name/blog name.
- Each month we’ll choose a lucky winner from that month’s linky to win a Contemporary Romance novel of their choice (up to US$10).
- Each link you enter in that month’s linky will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- Challenge and Giveaways are open internationally. (As long as The Book Depository ships to your country, you are eligible for a prize.)
- Each monthly link-up post will include a Contemporary Romance topic for you to participate in if you’d like.
- Monthly Topic posts can go up anytime in the specified month. Link them up as follows: MONTHLY TOPIC @ your name/blog name.
- These posts will also earn you an entry in the monthly giveaway as long as you link back to them.
If you have any questions, please email Jess (email@example.com) or Danielle (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also, make sure you follow us on Twitter (@gonewiththeword & @loveatfirstpage) for challenge updates and reminders! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #ContRom2016 to follow everyone’s challenge updates on Twitter!